A QUICK LOOK AT HOW YOUR WATCH CAN LOOK
THIS OFFER IS FOR A
READY TO WEAR AND UTILIZE
A HOST OF GERMAN MILITARY MEMORABILIA
USA TOLL FREE SUPPORT 1-800-438-6894
VINTAGE TIME REMADE IN AMERICA
A RARE GERMAN JUNGHANS TIMER
JUNGHANS ( EASY SPEAK = YO-HANS ) WAS CREATED IN 1861 BY: Erhard Junghans in Schramberg, Baden-Wrttemberg. In 1875 Erhard Junghans’ son, Arthur, took over the company with a focus on innovation yielding no less than 300 patented inventions under his management. Junghans soon became Germany’s, and then the world’s, largest clock manufacturer.
JUNGHANS began to produce wristwatches in 1927. JUNGHANS made the BoUk-1 Fl. 23885 aircraft clocks for German aircraft in WWII. JUNGHANS made large wrist type chronographs that were worn on the leg of the pilot. JUNGHANS developed the legendary J88 wristwatch chronograph movement as early as 1946
Beginning in the 1950s, famous designer Max Bill created clocks and watches for Junghans. An example of his work is a wall clock designed in 1956 that is in the collection of The New York Museum of Modern Art . Bill also created aesthetic designed, precision mechanical wristwatches for Junghans.In the late 1980s, Junghans introduced the first radio-controlled table clock on the world market.
In 1990, the first radio-controlled wristwatch followed, called the MEGA 1.In 1995 Junghans presented the ultimate combination of the solar powered watch with ceramic housing and solar-powered technology. Currently, Junghans, in partnership with Seiko, is developing a watch which will automatically set the local time in what ever respective time zone a wearer i. Say, you board a plane in NY (US EASTERN TIME) and fly to California (WESTERN US TIME) your watch will reset itself automatically. Say you board a plane in cali for China, your watch will reset itself in each zone. .
THOUGH THE TIME PIECE EXHIBITED ITS EXTENSIVE USE USE USED THERE IS SHARDLY ANY WEAR TO THE GUN METAL FINISH
JUNGHANS 29a TIMER
THE JUNGHANS MARK IN SCRIPT
Junghans of Schramberg, Germany, September, 1910
THESE WERE STILL MADE INTO THE MID 1930’S
DIAL IS ORIGINAL
THE LEATHER STRAP STRAP IS A WINNER
FOR THREE YEARS WE BELIEVED THIS SHOULDER BOARD TO BE A LT OF THE CAVALRY
Though History denotes the facts of the Brutality and Horror of the nasi Regime and War machine, We chose this original photo because it depicts A GROUP OF GERMAN LUFTWAFFE CELEBRATING CHRISTMASS IN 1940. THE REAR OF THE PHOTO HAS GERMAN AND A 1940 DATE. YOU WILL NOTE THE UNIFORMS HAVE GULL INSIGNIA. THESE WERE THE NORMAL PILOTS AND MECHANICS.
NOTE: The US transferred 6,000 German officers to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp that now was under Soviet Union administration. The US also shipped 740,000 German POWs as forced laborers to France. The U.S. also chose to hand over several hundred thousand German prisoners to the Soviet Union in May 1945 as a “gesture of friendship”. One million German prisoners died in the Soviet camps between 1941 and 1952
METAL HEIDECKSBURG CASTLE BADGE
German Soldiers in WW2 wore a Winterhilfswerk “Talisman” with names and symbols of German cities, Towns and occupied countries. Many also had metal badges from their homes cities, towns and places. The profits from sale of these “Talisman” were for poor people in winter (for coal, warm clothes, food), and, after 1941, for warm uniforms for Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front. Many soldiers wore these Winterhilfswerk tags with the names of the towns which they came from along with ID/Dog-Tags.
Heidelberg is a the fifth-largest city in the State of Baden-Wrttemberg in south-west Germany and part of the densely populated Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. Heidelberg lies on the River Neckar in a steep valley in the Odenwald. A former residence of the Electoral Palatinate, Heidelberg is the location of the University of Heidelberg, well-known far beyond its and Germany’s borders. Heidelberg is a popular tourist destination due to its romantic and picturesque cityscape, including Heidelberg Castle and the baroque style Old Town. .
The 24th Roman cohort and the 2nd Cyrenaican cohort (CCG XXIIII and CCH II CYR) built a fort in 40 AD. The Romans then built and maintained permanent camps and a signalling tower on the bank of the Neckar with a wooden bridge based on stone pillars across it. The camp protected the first civilian settlements that developed. The Romans remained until 260 AD, when the camp was conquered by Germanic tribes
Modern Heidelberg can trace its beginnings to the fifth century. The village Bergheim (Mountain Home) is first mentioned in that period, in documents dated to 769 AD. Bergheim now lies in the middle of modern Heidelberg. The people gradually converted to Christianity. In 863 AD, the monastery of St. Michael was founded on the Heiligenberg inside the double rampart of the Celtic fortress.
During the Nasi regime (1933 1945), Heidelberg was a stronghold of the NSDAP, the strongest party in the elections before 1933 (the NSDAP obtained 30% at the communal elections of 1930.
The NSDAP received 45.9% of the votes in the German federal election of March 1933 (the national average was 43.9%). Non-Aryan university staff were discriminated against. By 1939, one-third of the university’s staff had been forced out for racial and political reasons. The non-Aryan professors were sent off in 1933, within one month of Hiler’s rise to power. The lists were prepared beforehand.
Between 1934 and 1935, the Reichsarbeitsdienst (State labor service) and University of Heidelberg students built the huge Thingste amphitheatre on the Heiligenberg north of the old part of Heidelberg, for Nasi (NSDAP) and SS events.
A few months later, the inauguration of the huge Ehrenfriedhof memorial cemetery completed the second and last NSDAP project in Heidelberg. This cemetery is on the southern side of the old part of town, a little south of the nigstuhl hilltop.
During WWII and after, Wehrmacht soldiers were buried there. During the Kristallnacht on November 9, 1938, Nasis burned down synagogues at two locations in the city. The next day, they started systematic deportation of Jews, and sent 150 Jews to Dachau concentration camp. On October 22, 1940, during the “Wagner Buerckel event”, the Nasis deported 6000 local Jews, including 281 from Heidelberg, to Camp Gurs concentration camp in France.
Within a few months, as many as 1000 of them (201 from Heidelberg) died of hunger and diseases. Among the deportees from Heidelberg, the poet Alfred Mombert (1872-1942) survived the camp in thanks to the Swiss poet Hans Reinhart.
In 1942, the deportees that had survived internment in Gurs where deported to Eastern Europe, where most of them were murdered.
On March 29, 1945, the Wehrmacht CENTER the city after destroying three arches of the old bridge, Heidelberg’s treasured river crossing.
They also destroyed the more modern bridge downstream. The U.S. Army (3rd Infantry, 7th Army) entered Heidelberg on March 30, 1945. The civilian population surrendered without resistance.
WW1 STAHLHELM WIMPEL PENNANT FLAG
NOTE: THE FLAG HAS A STITCHED POCKET RATHER THAN GROMMETS AND IS TWO SIDED LIKE IT SHOULD BE. WE ATTACHED IT WITH THREE SEWING PINS. IT ALSO HAD A TWISTED COTTON CORD THAT WENT THROUGH THE POCKET. OVER THE PAST 7 YEARS IT WAS LOST.
ORIGINAL GERMAN WWII
ONE IS A “In Treue Fest” MILITARY BUCKLE IS AN ORIGINAL PERIOD ITEMS SOLD IN GERMANY AFTER WWI. THE BUCKLE WAS UTILIZED FROM 1935 THROUGH 1939 , THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GERMAN WWII S/S MOTTO FROM “STEADFAST LOYALTY ” TO “LOYALTY IS MY HONOR” FOLLOWING WWI, THE RISE OF THE NA-ZI PARTY IN MUNICH DEPENDED ON RECRUITMENT OF WWI VETERENS. THE MOTTO “IN TRUE FEST OR STEADFAST LOYALTY” WAS PROMOTED AS A DEMONSTRATION OF LOYALTY TO GERMANY.
IN 1920, THE FLEDGLING NA/ZI PARTY IN MUNICH GERMANY APPOINTED A SMALL PERMANANT GUARD KNOWN AS “*SAAL-SCHUTZ” FROM **NSDAP VOLUNTEERS. THE SAAL-SCHUTZ WOULD GUARD MEETING HALLS, BEER HALLS AND OTHER PLACES WHERE NA-ZI PARTY MEMBERS SPOKE. THE MOTTO OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SAAL-SCHUTZ WAS “IN TRUE FEST” “STEADFAST LOYALTY”.
*HALL PROTECTION/HALL PROTECTORS **NATIONALIST SOCIALIST GERMAN WORKERS PARTY BY 1925, WHEN HEIN-RICH HIM-MLER JOINED THE UNIT, IT HAD BEEN RE-NAMED WITH A PARA-MILITARY NAME “***SCHUTZ STAFFEL”. ***ELITE PROTECTION GROUP/UNIT/ PARA-MILITARY GROUP—
HEIN-RICH HIM-MLER WOULD BECAME THE CHIEF OF THIS GROUP/UNIT AND TRANSFORM IT FROM A PARA MILITARY FORMATION TO THE LARGEST, MOST POWERFUL AND FEARED ORGANIZATION OF THE THIRD REICH. THE S/S. THERE MOTTO? MEINE EHRE HEISST TREUE “LOYALTY IS MY HONOR”
THE BACK HAS
“T” OR “1”5 [GERMAN POLITICAL CROSS] 1936
Queen Cutlery Company began to produce knives around the end of WWI. The company was officialy incorporated in 1922. Queen Cutlery was an innovator and a pioneer in the use of stainless steel in pocket cutlery in America. In 1926 Queen Cutlery was listed in as manufacturers of “High Grade Stainless Steel Cutlery.” Stainless steel was first introduced in England in 1914 and patented in America in 1915.At first, not many world wide manufacturers utilized the expensive metal, and was opposed by many cutlers. Thus Queen Cutlery was the primary innovator of the change from carbon steel to stainless steel for blades and backsprings. A wide variety of handle materials was utilized over the years; from mother of pearl to various horn, bone, stag, and woods to numerous synthetic materials were used to haft their knives
Older Queen Cutlery
SS SEUTE DEERN
THIS KEEPSAKE WAS ALSO WITH THE GERMAN OWNDED LETTER OPENER WITH BLADE. IT IS A LATER PERIOD BRONZE BRASS OVAL CELEBRATING BREMERHAVEN’S
INCLUDED IN THIS OFFER
Original RK Photo