WELCOME TO GOLDSMITHWORKS EBAY STOREFRONT. GOLDSMITHWORKS AND MILITARY WATCH BOX, WITH A BEAUTIFUL STUDIO AND GALLERY LOCATED IN SUWANEE GA ARE STATE LICENSED PRECIOUS METAL DEALERS, JEWELERS, GOLDSMITH AND WATCHMAKERS, AND ARE IN$URED THROUGH JEWELERS MUTUAL. WE ARE A MEMBER OF JEWELERS OF AMERICA, THE SOCIETY OF NORTH AMERICAN GOLDSMITHS,POLYGON, THE DIAMOND NETWORK AND HOLD A MEMBERSHIP IN THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WATCH AND CLOCK COLLECTORS. OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER IS 800-438-6894
READY TO WEAR
MILITARY WATCH BOX
ONE YEAR AWESOME GSW LIMITED
NOTE: SHIPPING TWO GLASS FRONT BOXES/FRAME WEIGHING OVER 6 POUNDS WITH SIGNATURE AND INSURANCE IS EXPENSIVE, ESPECIALLY
INSURED US CONTINENTAL GROUND
ALASKA & HAWAII
FREE 800 438 6894 TOLL FREE SUPPORT
THIS DOUBLE SET MILITARY WATCH
ALL FUNCTIONS WORK
HINGED CASE BACK COVER
HINGED INNER CASE COVER
OUR FIRST TWO ITEMS ARE A SET OF
Hiler publicizes the winter welfare organization (13.09.1933) - 13.09.2010 " Our groschens create the ammunition in the fight against hunger and Kälte" - in such a way a newspaper wrote, after Hiler had publicized the winter welfare organization on 13 September 1933. Soon one murmured however that with the hundreds million of realm Marks also ammunition was paid for armament.
German Soldiers in WW2 wore a Winterhilfswerk "Talisman" with names and symbols of German cities, Towns and occupied countries. The profits from sale of these "Talisman" were for poor people in winter (for coal, warm clothes, food), and, after 1941, for warm uniforms for Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front. Many soldiers wore these Winterhilfswerk tags with the names of the towns which they came from along with ID/Dog-Tags.
We chose these 2 particular Talisman from the 29 we received in a WWII Soldiers estate sale (most items of the last three German WWII MWB were from one buy) due to the history of Innsbruck and its importance to all sides as an ancient cross road. In fact, it was one of the most bombed cities in the Axis territories; the Allies completed 22 Raids inflicting 461 casualties, with 3147 buildings damaged.
Besides the marshalling yards, many historic monuments were destroyed, including: the Servitenkloster monastery (1614-1616) and the Bartholomäuskapelle, one of the oldest buildings in Innsbruck (13th century). The Landhaus or old federal state parliament of 1724, city hall, St. James's Cathedral (1717-1724), Stift Wilten monastery (1651-1667), the Jesuit Church (1627-1637) and several buildings in the historic center were badly damaged.
Innsbruck is the capital city of the federal state of Tyrol in western Austria. It is located in the Inn Valley at the junction with the Wipptal (Sill River), which provides access to the Brenner Pass, some 30 kilometers (19 mi) south of Innsbruck.
Earliest traces suggest initial inhabitation in the early Stone Age. Surviving pre-Roman place names show that the area has been populated continuously. In the fourth century the Romans established the army station Veldidena (the name survives in today's urban district Wilten) at Oenipons (Innsbruck),
The first mention of Innsbruck dates back to the name Oeni Pontum or Oeni Pons which is Latin for bridge (pons) over the Inn (Oenus), which was an important crossing point over the river Inn. The city's seal and coat of arms show a bird's-eye view of the Inn bridge, a design used since 1267.
Innsbruck became the capital of all Tyrol in 1429 and in the fifteenth century the city became a center of European politics and culture as emperor Maximilian I also resided in Innsbruck in the 1490s.
In 1564 Ferdinand II, Archduke of Austria received the rulership over Tirol and other Further Austrian possessions administrated from Innsbruck up to the 18th century.
Up to 1665 a stirps of the Habsburgian dynasty ruled in Innsbruck with an independent court. In the 1620s the first opera house north of the Alps was erected in Innsbruck (Dogana).
In 1669 the university was founded. Also as a compensation for the court as emperor Leopold I again reigned from Vienna and the Tyrolean stirps of the Habsburg dynasty had ended in 1665.
During the Napoleonic wars Tyrol was ceded to Bavaria, ally of France. Andreas Hofer led a Tyrolean peasant army to victory on the Berg Isel against the combined Bavarian and French forces, and then made Innsbruck the centre of his administration.
Innsbruck was annexed by Nazi Germany in 1938. The KZ Innsbruck-Reichenau concentration camp was located here
The war ended in Innsbruck on May 3 1945, when the resistance movement liberated and units of the US 103rd Infantry Division entered the city. From December 1943 to April 1945 60 percent of the buildings in Innsbruck were damaged, 461 people were killed.
OUR NEXT ITEMS ARE A PAIR OF
WWII GERMAN ARMY FELDGENDARMERIE
We chose this small portion of History to be a part of this WWII German Historical Shadow Box due to the fact it's historical place in the German culture is larger than it's pieces. In fact, no German Military collection would be complete without mention of this unit.
The Feldgendarmerie were part and portion of the German Army of the German Empire and Third Reich for over 200 years. The Feldgendarmerie (English: Field Gendarmerie ) were the military police units of the armies of the German Empire (including the Wehrmacht) from the mid 16th Century until the conclusion of World War II.
The roots of military police in the German armed forces can be traced back to the "Proffoss"of the 16th Century, and the creation of the Feldjagerkorps zu Pferd by Friedrich II in 1740. The primary duties of the Reitendes Feldjagerkorps were to control traffic, to carry important messages, and to protect members of the royal family. Springing from this band was the Feldjagerkorps zu Fuss in 1741 which served both in the Napoleonic Wars and the Franco-Prussian War.
PARTS OF A Feldgendarmerie GORGET that was worn as a breast breast plate held by thick chains and a pair of unadorned shoulder boards with numbered buttons that were purchased as a set .
Early incarnations of the Feldgendarmerie came into being on an ad-hoc basis through mobilizations of the Germany army as a whole, most notably in the wars of 1866 and 1870. At the outbreak of the First World War the Feldgendarmerie comprised 33 companies. They each had 60 men and two NCOs. By 1918, the number of companies had been expanded to115 units.
When Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933,
Feldgendarmerie were reintroduced into the Wehrmacht. The new units received full infantry
training and were given extensive police powers. A military police school was set up at
Potsdam, near Berlin to train Feldgendarmerie personnel. Subjects included Criminal code,
general and special police powers, reporting duties, passport and identification law,
weapons drill, self-defence techniques, criminal police methodology, and general
NOTE: The Feldgendarmerie of the Waffen-SS had a more sinister nickname - "Kopf Jäger" or "Head Hunters". The name was an obvious referral to the SS "Totenkopf" (Death's Head) skull emblem embroidered on the front of their caps. On their head gear and shoulder boards, the SS- Feldgendarmerie wore the Waffenfarbe orange-red.
All prospective candidates served at a Feldgendarmerie command after the first term of examinations. Courses lasted one year and failure rates were high: in 1935 only 89 soldiers graduated from an initial intake of 219 candidates. Feldgendarmerie were employed within army divisions and as self-contained units under the command of an army corps. They often worked in close cooperation with the Geheime Feldpolizei (English: Secret Field Police), district commanders and SS and Police Leaders.
A Feldgendarmerie battalion was attached to each Wehrmacht formation. The staff officer was responsible for maintaining order and discipline, traffic control during large scale troop movements and maintaining transport routes. Each Feldgendarmerie battalion also had support personnel such as cooks, clerks, and armourers.
These battalions were equipped with motorcycles and motorcycle combinations which were armed with MG34 machine guns, Kubelwagens, Field cars such as the Horch 4x4 and 3 ton Opel Blitz lorries and a small number of armoured vehicles as a means of transport.
Personal weapons consisted of small arms such as the excellent Walther PP which was designed as a civilian police pistol (PP-Police Pistole) or the Walther PPK which was favoured by officers whereas the Luger PO8 and Walther P38 were used by other ranks. Automatic machine pistols were carried by NCOs and the Kar 98 rifle was issued but was not widely used. The MG34 and 42 were used as vehicle mounted armament for defending road blocks.
A battalion was subdivided into smaller-sized Truppen which were attached to each division or corps. A Gruppe, a section sized unit, were then assigned to specific field or local commands. Feldgendarmerie sections would also be temporarily assigned to special operations, such as anti-partisan duties. A typical Truppe attached to an Infantry or Panzer Division.
Feldgendarmerie became more popularly known by the pejorative Kettenhunde (English: chained dogs) for the gorget they wore with their uniforms.
Feldgendarmerie served on every front in the war and towards the end were more often employed as regular troops on the front-line and were involved in many desperate counter attacks and defences. Many were decorated for bravery.
During the last days of the war all Feldgendarmerie caught by the Soviets (who had offered a bounty for their capture) could expect to be shot on the spot and many were issued with a second Soldbuch (paybook) and matching ID dog tags.
If in an area where it was fairly likely that prisoners would be taken the Feldgendarm would hand their real paybook into the Felgendarmerie redirection Centre and would receive the false book and tags, which would state the soldiers status as a regular soldier. After the hostilities their real paybook and tags would be returned to them.
At the war's end many Feldgendarmerie, specifically those who had not fallen into Soviet hands, found themselves assigned to police roles by the Allies. They wore an armband as identification which bore the legend "Wehrmactordnungstruppe" (Armed Forces Order Troop) and below this read "Military Police". They were all armed and payment for their services came in the form of increased rations.
With the creation of the Bundeswehr in 1955, the Federal Defence Ministry searched for a new designation and adopted Feldjäger which was a traditional Prussian regiment with some military police type functions
OUR NEXT ITEMS ARE THREE GERMAN
GERMAN WWII BUTTON RIBBONS
OUR NEXT ITEMIS A GERMAN
LUFTWAFFE AIR CORPS CAP BADGE
OUR NEXT ITEM IS A GERMAN COIN
OUR NEXT 2 ITEMS ARE GERMAN TINNIES
WW2 German Tinnie / Day Badge
WW2 German Tinnie / Day Badge
OUR NEXT ITEM IS A UNIQUE GERMAN
Luhacovice AMANTKA MINERVA SPRING
: LÁZNE LUHACOVICE PRAMEN
THE ABOVE BADGE WAS TAKEN FROM A GERMAN PRISONER OF WAR. IT IS A REPRESENTATION BADGE OF THE FAMOUS CZECHOSLOVAKIA SPA WHICH WAS A FAVORITE PLACE FOR TOP GERMAN BRASS DURING WWII.
German occupation of Czechoslovakia
(19381945) began with the Nazi annexation of Czechoslovakia's northern and western
border regions, known collectively as the Sudetenland, under terms outlined by the Munich
Agreement. The German pretext for this effort was the alleged privations suffered by the
ethnic German population living in those regions. New and extensive Czechoslovak border
fortifications were also located in the same area.
OUR NEXT ITEM IS A JEWELERS
This award was created by Adolf Hitler in 1939 as a successor to the non-combatant Iron Cross which was used in earlier wars (same medal but with a different ribbon). The award was graded the same as the Iron Cross: War Merit Cross Second Class, War Merit Cross First Class, and Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross.
The award had two variants: with swords given to soldiers for exceptional service in battle above and beyond the call of duty (but not worthy of an Iron Cross which was more a bravery award), and without swords for meritorious service behind the lines which could also be awarded to civilians.
A total of 118 awards of the Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross with swords, and 137 awards of the Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross without swords were awarded. Considering the relative rarity of the award compared with the grades of the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross, it took on extra meaning..
THIS IS WHAT THIS AWESOME WWII GERMAN
MILITARY WATCH BOX
INCLUDED IN THIS OFFER IS THIS
FRAMED SIGNED PHOTOGRAPH
THE REQUEST LETER
ON FRAME BACK
A MUST FOR
Erich Topp (19142005) commanded U-57 and U-552 in 19401941, and sank 35 merchant ships for a total of 197,460 tons. He commanded the tactical training unit 27th U-boat Flotilla from late 1942, and served briefly as commander of the Type XXI Elektroboote U-3010 and U-2513 just before the end of the war. He rejoined the Bundesmarine in 1956, reaching the rank of Konteradmiral before retiring in 1969.
THE ACTUAL 2001 LETTER
IN EXCELLENT CONDITON
IN EXCELLENT CONDITON
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
WITH YOUR INVESTMENT YOU RECEIVE:
A ONE YEAR GSW LIMITED WARRANTY ON WATCHES AND TIMERS
993.00 PROFESSIONAL INSURANCE **APPRAISAL
PLEASE WRITE OR CALL 800 438 6894 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!
SERIOUS BUFFING AT HIGH HEAT & PRESSURE IS REQUIRED TO RESTORE WATCH CASES. THIS RIGOROUS PROCESS INCLUDES THE USE OF SEVERAL TYPES OF ROUGE . ONE HAS TO "FEEL" THE PIECE TO GET IT RIGHT. THAT MEANS USING MY HANDS. WHEN YOU COMBINE THE EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND THE ROUGE, THE DEPOSITS ON MY HANDS ARE SEMI-PERMANENT. IT TAKES DAYS TO GET THE ROUGE OUT OF MY HANDS. SO, IF THE PICS OF MY HANDS LOOK "DIRTY", KNOW IT IS DUE TO THE MY HANDS ABSORBING WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT ON YOUR AWESOME RESTORED TIME PIECE! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE all watches offered by GSW have been SERVICED. Some required REPAIR AND RESTORATION! Normal Servicing of Mechanical Watches by an EXPERT PROFESSIONAL will run between $180.00 to 580.00, depending on the complication of the movement and that is WITHOUT parts that may be required. SERVICING means DISASSEMBLING THE ENTIRE WATCH AND MOVEMENT, CLEANING SAME, OILING, LUBING AND REASSEMBLING, timing and Sealing. RESTORATION is a separate service from SERVICING and may include CRYSTAL, DIAL, HANDS, CASE, LUGS and BAND. So, WHEN YOU VIEW VINTAGE AND CLASSIC WATCHES OFFERED BY OTHER VENDORS/DEALERS, the question is: WAS THE WATCH SERVICED?
All watches, from mechanical to quartz devices, require periodic cleaning and inspection. GSW provides both cleaning and repair services with our main specialty that of restoring and repairing classic & vintage watches. GSW has established parts accounts with the oldest watch parts houses in the world as well as a network of watch dealers and repair centers around the world. GSW also provides dial restoration services. In addition to servicing new, vintage & classic watches, we also service high grade wristwatches. Think of your watch as you would a fine automobile, it is worth maintaining as it will increase your pleasure of ownership and also enhance the resale or trade-in value. If you plan on passing your watch on to the next generation, skilled periodic maintenance will be greatly appreciated in the future.